YOUR PICK UP SCHEDULE: Your pickup day is Wednesday, but the time of day it will be removed may vary depending on volume. Trash, recycling, compost and bulky items will be picked up on the same day. Therefore, all items must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday and will be removed that day. Our ordinance prohibits placement before 6:00 p.m. the night before. No larger than a 32 gallon trash can is permitted.
HOLIDAYS: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If one of the above holidays falls on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, then your service will be on Thursday.
YARD WASTE – APRIL through NOVEMBER: Grass material must be placed in containers (not to exceed 40 lbs.) clearly marked with a large “X” (At least 1 foot high of the side of the container) by using masking tape, duct tape or paint. Brown paper compostable bags may also be used and do not need to be specially marked. GRASS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED IN PLASTIC BAGS. Branches and brush should be in lengths not to exceed 4 feet. Branches 2 inches or less will be composted. No larger than a 32 gallon trash can is permitted! Please note that curbside yard waste collection provided by the City is not available for condominiums.
CURBSIDE LEAF REMOVAL: Leaves are vacuumed at curbside twice a year. Click here to view the schedule.
ITEMS THAT THEY WILL NOT TAKE:
- GASOLINE AND AUTOMOTIVE OIL
- HAZARDOUS WASTE
- CAR & TRUCK ENGINES
- CAR & TRUCK TIRES
- CONCRETE AND BRICKS
Paint will be picked up if it is completely dried up. You must leave lid off and put cat litter in can to absorb paint. Set it next to your trash, so refuse personnel can see what it is.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED: Please check the following items.
- WAS TRASH/RECYCLING/YARD WASTE PUT OUT BY 7:00 A.M.?
- IS THERE A TAG ON YOUR CONTAINER, WHICH EXPLAINS WHY IT WASN’T PICKED UP?
- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICES AT (810) 364-8340 BETWEEN 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. MONDAY THRU FRIDAY.
RECYCLING: Our recycling guidelines have changed! Click here for the most up-to-date guidelines. Emterra, our refuse contractor now takes the items listed below. Recycling (in your blue or lime green container, one per household) will be picked up on Wednesday also.
- GLASS – any color beverage bottles or jars. Rinse clean and discard lid, labels need not be removed.
- CANS – Tin or aluminum – soup, vegetable, fruit cans, etc. Rinse clean and remove labels.
- PLASTIC – #1 – #8 NOW ACCEPTED! Rinse clean and discard caps.
- NEWSPAPER – In addition to newspaper, glossy prints/ads are now accepted.
- CHIP/PAPER BOARD – Cereal, tissue boxes, etc. now accepted. Please breakdown boxes!
- MIXED OFFICE WASTE – Junk mail, flyers, office paper, magazines (non wax coated), phone books now accepted.
- CARDBOARD – Please ensure cardboard is cut to the size of newspaper and fits in bin. NO PIZZA BOXES, PLEASE!!!
CORRUGATED CARDBOARD may also be dropped off at our DPS yard, 200 East 14th Street, cardboard only-no packaging.
Any chemical or petroleum containers, any food containers not emptied/rinsed out, any type of plastic storage container, clothing hangers, syringes/needles, cookware, glasses, plates, pots or pans, light bulbs, plastic bags, medical waste, Styrofoam, packing peanuts, clothing, shoes, pizza boxes, cigarette butts, diapers, nails, nuts or bolts, window glass, laundry baskets, flower pots/trays, buckets/pails, scrap metal, car parts, window screens, computers or computer parts, toasters, can openers, silverware, food, electrical cords, demo/building material, plasticware, wax coated cardboard, glass block, aerosol cans, mini blinds, chicken wire, lawn equipment parts, oil filters, shrink wrap, car mats, vinyl siding, door mats, driveway markers, toilet brushes, seat cushions, paint rollers, paint pan liners.
More Information regarding Recycling
No Plastic Bags in the Recycling Bin! Please recycle your plastic shopping bags at your local grocery store.
UPDATED May 5, 2016