City of Marysville Current Vacancies:
Notice of Job Opening: Public Safety Officer
Opening Date: July 21, 2021
Closing Date: Until filled
The City of Marysville is seeking qualified applicants who are highly motivated and career-oriented for the position of Public Safety Officer.
The department serves a population of approximately 10,000 residents within an eight square mile area in St. Clair County.
- Be 21 years of age;
- High School graduate or have a G.E.D.
- Have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis;
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and a very good driving record;
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards certified or certifiable;
- Michigan Emergency Medical Technician – Basic License (or willingness to obtain)
- Be a U.S. citizen; and
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- College degree and/or military veteran;
- State of Michigan Paramedic License;
- State of Michigan Firefighter II;
- NIMS 100, 200 & 700; and/or
- Advanced Law Enforcement Training.
Summary of Duties:
Full-time position Public Safety Officers perform responsible law enforcement which includes but limited to the enforcement of all laws and ordinances, prevention, detection and investigations of crime, response to medical emergencies and operation with the department advanced life support ambulance. Must exhibit an emphasis on community policing while maintaining a strong positive image for the department.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, employment application and copies of current certifications via mail or e-mail to the following:
City of Marysville
Chief Tom Konik
1255 Delaware Avenue
Marysville, MI 48040
Not all applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Welcome to Our Website
The City of Marysville continues to strive to be a great place to visit, a better place to live, AND ensure our website is a great resource of information. Have any questions or concerns? Please contact us and let us know how we can help.