Department of Public Works
7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
The Department of Public Works is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in the City of Marysville by providing the highest quality of public works services and infrastructure to meet the needs of the community.
The department’s main responsibilities are as follows:
- construction and/or maintenance of water and sewer lines, city buildings, parks and cemetery;
- construction and/or maintenance of city streets;
- coordinating residential refuse removal;
- city motor pool maintenance;
- snow removal on city streets;
- grass mowing on city property;
- water turn on/off service;
- burials and interments in Riverlawn Cemetery;
- periodic special projects that enhance our city;
- providing emergency response in times of need and supporting other city departments.
Leaf Removal Program
Each fall the city coordinates, in conjunction with our trash removal contractor, the leaf removal program. Residents must rake leaves to the curb, but not in the road. Sticks, branches, lawn clippings and other yard waste must NOT be included with the leaves as the vacuum will become clogged. Click the leaf zone removal map to learn on which day leaves will be removed in your neighborhood. Due to weather, staff shortages or equipment failure, leaf removal often doesn’t occur per the schedule.
Report a Streetlight Outage
Please utilize DTE’s reporting tool to report a light outage on a city street. If a light is out on city property, please contact our Department of Public Works at (810) 364-8340 and indicate the outage location.
Report a Pot Hole
Please contact our Department of Public Works at (810) 364-8340 and indicate the pot hole’s location.
New recycling bins may be obtained at the Department of Public Works at 200 E. 14th Street during normal business hours. Only one bin per household.
Welcome to Our Website
The City of Marysville continues to strive to be a great place to visit, a better place to live, AND ensure our website is a great resource of information. Have any questions or concerns? Please contact us and let us know how we can help.